Saturday, June 16, 2007

June 9, 2007 - REI paddle demo days



Fairly lame way to extend the consecutive month kayak streak but kayaking is kayaking and this counts as a float (I will kayak again in June at Door County so the streak would continue regardless).


Lisa and I headed to Lake Arlington to "test drive" a kayak or two. Lisa initially wanted to go in a tandem but I convinced her to try a solo. We both took out a 'yak and took a leisurely paddle around the lake. There was quite a few people taking advantage of the beautiful weather and access to free boat usage. When we returned the boats (recreational, been there done that) I got back in line to try a sea kayak. This was noticeably quicker and less stable but I really enjoyed it. A sea kayak and a whitewater kayak would complete the fleet quite nicely.

No comments: